• If you have an open fire then you could always create a romantic setting and buy all of your favourite food items and have a picnic in front of it.
• Turn off the technology – no phones, no computers, no TV, just you and your partner.
• Create a play list of memorable songs, the ones you associate with the time you first met, an engagement, and so fourth.
• Both choose a poem and read it to each other, or if you are feeling creative write your own.
• Recreate your first date, whether it was ice-skating, walking or meeting at a pub.
If you are looking for some homemade gift ideas then please follow this link: http://www.homemade-gifts-made-easy.com/homemade-valentine-gifts.html - there’s some really good ideas from printing your own B and B vouchers to printable Valentine’s cards.
The LoveFoodHateWaste website have this lovely vegetarian recipe, which is quick and easy to make – Valentine’s Warner’s Tomatoes with Dijon mustard and cream on toast.
You will need
4 good fat ripe tomatoes
a little red wine vinegar
3 teaspoons demerara sugar
flaked sea salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
30g butter, plus extra for spreading on the toast
2 slices of good wholemeal bread
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons good double cream
chopped tarragon (optional)
For the method please follow this link: http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/recipes/valentine-warners-tomatoes-dijon-mustard-cream-toast