It’s at this time of year when many of us will be feeling out of love with our homes due to post-Christmas and bleak winter days can make a property feel a bit dreary. So here are a few ways you can rekindle the love for your home this Valentine’s Day:
• Cheer up the front of your property with a few spring flowering bulbs such as crocus and primroses.
• Improve the warmth in your home by introducing some warm light bulbs and some table lamps. LED strip lighting can be bought relatively cheaply and is a great way to bring some warmth and style into any room, used behind curtains, head boards, shelving and inglenooks.
• Change your soft furnishings, in the spirit of Valentine’s you could buy some sumptuous red velvet cushion covers and curtains for your bedroom, if you just want to add a touch of red then you could go for a red rug and some smaller accessories.
• Bring in some fresh flowers, there’s nothing like the smell of freshly cut flowers in the winter months.
• If you have a log fire then make sure this is in use, winter is much more appealing if you can snuggle up with your loved one or family near a fire.
• If you have any unfinished DIY projects or something you would like to upgrade then this might be the time to do it.
• Show your home some love by giving it a deep clean, tackle some of those areas, such as windows which don’t always get cleaned each week.
• Give a room in your home a bit of a make over by repainting the walls, changing the lighting and adding some new soft furnishings.