This weeks is National Volunteer week and for many it’s a time when people feel as though they can give something back to their community. If you are interested in getting involved this week, it’s not too late as this Thursday Chelmsford is hosting their second annual VOL FEST, which is an independent voluntary organisation to help either individual or groups to strengthen their aims as well as providing 100’s of volunteering opportunities.
These are some of the ways in which they can help volunteers:
• Support at any stage of your group’s development
• Connecting you to new opportunities, information & networking events
• Promoting spreading the word about your activities & services
• Informing news, briefings, online searchable community directory
• Fundraising specialist information, support & resources
• Influencing engage with forums, action groups, partnerships, networks
• Volunteering matching local people with your voluntary opportunities
• Resources meeting space, equipment loan, books and more!
VOL FEST will take place on the 6 June on Chelmsford High Street between 9.30 am - 4.30 pm and 50 local organisations will come together, “there will be feel good activities, live music food and fun", say the organisers.
People will also have the opportunity find out how they can access support and help for their loved ones.
There will also be a chance to have a health check by having your blood pressure, weight and BMI measured as well as advice on how to stop smoking.