If you are planning on going away this bank holiday weekend then you will need to make sure you keep your home secure and not just from burglaries, so here are a few tips:
• First of all unplug any unnecessary electrical appliances.
• Turn off the water at the stop cock.
• Make sure any valuables such as large plasma TV’s, computers and so fourth are out of sight of the windows.
• If you have a heating thermostat turn this down to 15 degrees.
• Let your neighbour know that you are going away and ask them to keep an eye on your house - and give them your mobile number just incase.
• Programme a light to come on in the evening.
• Fit an outside security light to the back of the property.
• Keep the radio on, so that a potential burglar will think there is someone at home.
• Secure all of your windows with locks, lock any side gates and garages. Double lock any external doors. Update locks if necessary.
• Don’t post any pics or updates on SM about being away. Alway post pictures when you are back home.
• Tell as fewer people as possible that you are going away.
• Make sure that your home insurance is kept up to date - this includes making sure that you let them know what locks your property has, how many bedrooms and any special items which need their own insurance.
Looking for insurance - IT’S EASY TO GET INSURED through Intercounty just contact one of Insurance Advisors on 01392 849 880^. Alternatively please complete the form and an Insurance Advisor will get in contact by following this link https://www.intercounty.co.uk/property-services/property-insurance/buildings-contents-insurance
^Calls may be monitored for training and compliance purposes. Intercounty Insurance Services is a trading name of First2Protect Ltd which is an Appointed Representative of First Complete Ltd.