Tenant Permitted payments
Below is a list of our current permitted payments for tenants. Please ask a member of staff for a full breakdown of permitted payments that may be payable before, during and after a tenancy for any property that you are interested in.
Permitted tenant payments for assured shorthold tenancies
- Variation/ Novation: £50 inclusive of VAT
- Change of Occupier/Sharer Group: £50 inclusive of VAT
- Loss of keys: Cost of replacement
The amount of the deposit is subject to the following caps:
- No more than 5 weeks rent where the annual rent for the tenancy immediately after its grant, renewal or continuance is less than £50,000.
- No more than 6 weeks rent where the annual rent for the tenancy immediately after its grant, renewal or continuance is £50,000 or more.
The tenant shall pay to the landlord/agent interest at the rate of 3% per annum above the bank of England base rate from time to time on any rent or other money payable under this agreement remaining unpaid for more than 14 days after the day on which it became due.
Refundable holding deposits
- Total of 1 weeks rent chargeable per property only (or per room in a room rental agreement).
- Held for 14 days whilst referencing takes place.
Client Money Protection is provided by Propertymark.
The redress scheme for Intercounty is the Property Ombudsman scheme.