If you have found that you are short of space in your property then fear not as H & P have come up with a whole range of ideas in which to maximise your small space, saying that compact living doesn’t have to mean compromising on style.
Habitat, a leading homes retailer has noticed an increase of 50 per cent of their customers looking for space saving furniture, Ikea has been working with small space concepts for years to enable customers to live better in smaller spaces.
Here our are top tips of space saving ideas:
- One of the best ways to make a small room look bigger is to buy a smaller sofa or one without any arms.
- If you live in a small on-plan space try and zone your areas to give the impression that they are larger. They say that investing in a bed, which tucks away such as a sofa bed or bed, which fold against a wall, can save valuable space.
- Buying furniture with smaller frames such as Scandinavian will give the illusion that the room is bigger. Glass and mirrors help to reflect the light and give more space.
- Light walls and furniture also help to make a space look more bright and airy if you would like to use a selection of colours make sure you follow a theme throughout your home.
- The same flooring in a property can also make it look much bigger
- Keeping clutter to a minimum will also make a home look larger.
If you have any handy tips you would like to tell us about we would love to hear from you.