Saffron Walden was voted in the top ten of the Sunday Times 101 Best Places to live in the UK, being voted eighth, among the most desirable places to live in the East of England.
Here are some reasons why the Sunday Times and Intercounty agree that Saffron Walden is a great place to live:
• Beautiful homes – many of the houses are of historical importance and include an array of Victorian, Edwardian, Georgian, Tudor and thatched homes.
• The shops – Saffron Walden has some great chain stores, including Monsoon, WHSmith, but also has a large array of independent shops, including Gray Palmer, who offers tailored wear to adults and children, and they have been trading in the town for over 100 years.
• The cafés, restaurants, pubs and bars – Saffron Walden offers a great choice of pubs, independent restaurants and cafés.
• Great transport links – superb train and road links into London and the proximity to an airport.
• Schooling – Saffron Walden, have some of the best schools in the County according to OFSTED.
• Low Crime rate – Uttlesford has the 4th lowest crime rate in the whole of the UK.
• Community spirit - it has a close community spirit.
Intercounty Saffron Walden have chosen a couple of character homes in the Saffron Walden area to buy or to rent:
At the moment they have this beautiful Grade 2 listed house for sale: The Cottage, Stickling Green, Clavering on at £410,000 (view photo) or if you are looking for a spacious cottage to rent then they also have this property currently available: 2-4 London Road, Saffron Walden on at £850 PCM
If you are looking to buy or rent a home in Saffron Walden or in the local area, then why not pop into your local branch of Intercounty, as we have a great knowledge of the local area.